Lying by the pool of your luxury villa Saint Tropez
might very well be all that you fancy doing whilst on holiday on the glamorous Cote d’Azur. – and who could blame you? However, if you do feel like exploring a little but wish to stay close to your villa we would suggest a day trip to the famous Pampelonne beach. With over 6km of beautifully groomed golden sand and plenty of beach restaurants and clubs to pick from, each offering sunbeds with service, you may find it tough to pick a place to lay your towel down. But those keen to explore a little further away from their villa and who hope to see the region more thoroughly, we have put together our top day trips which will make the ideal excursion for those that choose to rent a villa in Saint Tropez this summer.
- Visit Port Grimaud, the Venice of the South of France, a remarkable town just 5km from the majority of our luxury villas in Saint Tropez. The town which is built on waterways similar to Venis was designed by architect Francois Spoerry but unlike Venice was completed as recently as 1998. A wonderful town to visit and explore, for an even more unique visit we suggest you rent a boat to see Port Grimaud at it's best.
- The hilltop town of Ramatuelle, which perches on a hill behind the famous Pampelonne beach, is a charming place to visit from your luxury villa Saint Tropez. Wandering around the cobbled streets of the town you will feel a million miles from the busy coastal resorts although you are only moments away from them.
- Not to be confused with its coastal namesake, the town of Grimaud is also worth exploring. Situated just 4km inland from Saint Tropez, the hilltop town used to be the strong hold of the Grimaldi family from Monaco, and still boasts a marvellous medieval castle.
- The countryside around Saint Tropez is covered in vineyards where some of the finest Provencal wine is produced year after year. There are a number of vineyards which conduct tours of their wine-making facilities and make for a great day out. Tastings are on offer and you can even leave with a crate of your favourite tipple. We'd suggest the Domaine de la Tourre for a wine-tasting experience to remember.
- Go further afield with a trip around the famous French Riviera - visit everything from the luxurious Cap Ferrat to Cap Martin.